BROS

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NEWVEMBER DAY 9: CLEANING THE TOYS IN THE ATTIC

Welcome once again, True Believers, to another edition of Newvember? How are things going? It seems a lot of people are deciding to quit, which is discouraging. I appreciate any feedback about Newvember, as I am sort of winging it. Are the challenges too hard? Is there too much to deal with? It seems a reasonable amount to assign, but perhaps I am biased. In either case, today's challenge deals with clearing out those stuffy thoughts.

TODAY'S CHALLENGE IS:
PRACTICE GOOD MENTAL HYGIENE



What is good mental hygiene?  Simply put, it is the practice of avoiding negative thoughts, paranoia, fatalism, and other such mind-killers which prevent you from living to your fullest potential. There is, as usual, a guide, although the guide is overflowing with examples. Keep in mind, Newvember is mostly an exercise for you. I don't expect you to do everything I tell you to a tee. The most important thing is making an effort, even if you don't live up to the full challenge. There aren't any modes today, it's all just a matter of how badly you want to improve.


As usual, comment, please.

7 comments:

  1. good challenge, should try to keep positive outlook

    ReplyDelete
  2. No difficulties? This is too hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I should stop flossing my cerebellum? Am I taking things too literally?
    [X] Take a nap

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do my best to be positive!

    ReplyDelete