BROS

Saturday, November 6, 2010

NEWVEMBER DAY 6: SOCIAL BUTTERFLY

Hello once again, True Believers! TO those of you who may be thinking about giving up, I implore you to stick with it. For those of you who already HAVE given up, it's never too late or too early to retry. Today's challenge is an easy one.

TODAY'S CHALLENGE IS:
PRACTICE SMALL-TALK

If you're anything like me, you might find it awkward to talk about small things with strangers or acquaintances. It is probably hard to think of things to talk about, which just leads to an all-around awkward situation. Today's challenge will help you avoid that, by arming you with deadly blades of pointless small-talk. Truth be told, a large majority of small-talk is just filler, empty words that fill the silence, but small-talk also serves a purpose of helping to ease into different subjects, essentially acting as a grease for conversation, rather than a jarring series of questions with one-word answers. For today's challenge, try practicing this with something or somebody.

Easy Mode: An inanimate object (Best to choose something resembling something living. Toasters or such would be a little weird, but stuffed animals or figures would be alright)
Casual Mode: A family member or close friend
Normal Mode: A stranger.
Heavy Mode: A person you have never met, but have seen a few times.
Nightmare Mode: A stranger at a party.
 
As usual, comment and such.

EDIT: I did  Normal Mode today, talking with a few people around my work. Not much of an issue, if you're in the service industry, although technically I don't deal with customers.

8 comments:

  1. Well there's no one here today and I;m never invited to parties, looks like I'm going easymode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chatting up the old toaster it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least today's challenge is not a problem.
    Strangers always approach me.
    Mostly to ask why I am talking to inanimate objects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bleh >w> I haven't really been keeping up with this. I guess I'll go work on my Newvember stuff.... OTL

    @Rorschach: Lol xD. That made me giggle :3.

    Today's challenge is a problem for me :< I'll consider easy mode, but I don't like talking out loud to people or to inanimate objects.
    Both make me feel awkward, for slightly different reasons.

    What mode are you doing, Mezzo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casual mode here. I didn't even go out today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Casual mode here, but it wasn't small talk. I had a deep, meaningful conversation with my mother.

    What would that be, really?

    ReplyDelete