BROS

Friday, November 5, 2010

NEWVEMBER DAY 5: CULTURED LIKE A FINE YOGURT

Good morning evening, True Believers! I apologize for the rather late posting of today's installment, and I realize that for some of you, it probably is not today any longer. I had internet troubles earlier today, and have been working since just after noon, so I have not had a chance to post. Well then, I suppose you get an easy one for today, then:


TODAY'S CHALLENGE IS:
ENRICH YOUR LIFE WITH CULTURE

This is very vague, and purposefully so! Use whatever tools are at your disposal (Read: Internet, most likely) to research a bit about a culture unfamiliar to you, whether it be foreign, from the past, or some obscure sub-group of society. Keep in mind, this must be one UNFAMILIAR TO YOU. That means you could have heard about it, but you can't know much of anything about it. No cheating and doing something like "Indie musicians" or "gamer culture."

Pop culture does not count, no matter how removed from it you consider yourself. I think I'll investigate ancient Norse culture, because for such an interesting culture, I know ashamedly little. I think I'll start here with the basic page for early culture:

And then wikiwalk my way to more substantial information.

As usual, comment on what your plans are, how your previous challenges are going, and some motivation for fellow True Believers. I apologize that it is taking so long for the next Jimmy Nikola post, I've been busy with a lot of stuff. I'll try to get it up tonight, and if not, then tomorrow night.

2 comments:

  1. Too lazy. Maybe if I wasn't already doing something else, I wouldn't mind pouring some time into learning about a new culture.

    That's my excuse, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late =/ I'm skipping this day.

    Also, I'm not that interested in cultures >w>

    ReplyDelete