BROS

Thursday, November 4, 2010

NEWVEMBER DAY 4: FILLING ONE HOUR WITH 60 MINUTES.

Good morning, True Believers! Here once more for another exciting edition of Newvember? Let's get started, shall we?

TODAY'S CHALLENGE IS:
START A NEW HOBBY

Hobbies are a great way to enrich your life. They give you a productive outlet for creativity, fill time in meaningful ways that would otherwise be frittered away on VIDEYA GAEMS or otherwise, not to mention the fact that they broaden your spectrum as a person, and give you more utility and knowledge, as well as subjects to talk to others about.

But, what hobby should you take up? Hobby is a very vague term, and usually, things like collecting stamps or rocks or whatever come to mind. The challenge here is to apply something you are already good at, some aspect you excel in, towards a new hobby. Do you like music? Perhaps try your hand at an instrument. Enjoy reading? Perhaps try writing. For those who already have a productive hobby, like painting, drawing, photographing, sculpting, engineering, et all, perhaps try applying your skill in a different way. Try a new style of art, photograph something you don't usually photograph, try a different medium, challenge yourself to fix something you haven't attempted before.

If you don't already have a hobby, there are many different options available to you.

Here is a rather large list of hobbies, with guides for quite a few of them:
http://www.notsoboringlife.com/list-of-hobbies/

For today's challenge, I am going to continue writing, but that's too Easy Mode. I'm also going to attempt juggling. Here is a bonus Mode guide:


Easy Mode: Continue with hobbies you already have
Casual Mode: Apply the hobbies you have in a different way
Normal Mode: On top of your regular hobbies, add a new hobby.
Heavy Mode: Make the new hobby a productive hobby (As in, not "Sleeping" or "Watching TV")
Nightmare Mode: Make the new hobby something that takes dedication and practice (Drawing or art, Magic Tricks, anything physical, etc etc)


So, what are you going to do, True Believers? Comment for motivation, updates on challenges from other days, and plans for today's challenge.

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to start taking more photos and actually do a proper job of it. I need to get a new camera, but I'll be okay for now. Next week I'll also be getting back into fighting shape. I doubt I'll ever fight again, but I want to start working out and training like I am. I think that's it for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm, Here's one:
    I'm going to combine two of my hobbies, DnD and Guitar (which I suck at).

    I play a bard so I am going to try and write songs that I need to play when casting a spell. This has to be one of the nerdiest things I've done yet *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I exercise and have all of my NEET Otaku hobbies... I'm in great shape, and Im good looking. Feels good man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Updates on challenges from other days:
    I'll have to cut back even further on my exercise challenge =/. It turns out I can't do a chin up anymore. So I'll just spend at least 10 minutes a day attempting to do chin ups until I can do them >w< Then continue as planned.

    For a hobby: Since you're doing juggling, I'm going to try to learn UPSIDEDOWN JUGGLING! Not juggling while hanging from the ceiling or something, but juggling with bouncy balls by bouncing them off a point on the floor in front of you.
    My sister does it, and it looks cool ^^. And she has plenty of the bouncy balls around, I'm sure she'll let me borrow a few.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Era - Word! I used to (try) that at an old job in the back room, bouncing off the wall then the ground.
    Then I remembered I worked at a knife store, and tried (briefly) juggling those.

    My new hobby: [X] Changing diapers
    (Not mine, ya pervs)

    ReplyDelete