BROS

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NEWVEMBER DAY 3: GET UP AND MOVE!

Welcome, True Believers, to another day of Newvember. How is everybody doing so far? Good? Damn right, you're doing good! Let's get to business.


TODAY'S CHALLENGE IS:
START EXERCISING

Yes, yes, I know. Maybe you don't want to exercise. Maybe you try to exercise but can't make yourself stick with it. Maybe you do exercise and are sitting here saying "Lol, today's challenge is in the BAG." Neither of this are valid excuses, this is Newvember, a chance to become better than what you were before. 

This might be a challenge for some people, but what it comes down to is your will to succeed. Motivation is probably the biggest challenge people will have with this one. This problem will likely come up disguised as "time." You have time to work out. If you are reading this blog post, then you definitely have a half hour a day you can spare. It all depends on how badly you want to improve yourself. 

This challenge is to START exercising, to begin. You must find a workout regimen that you can do on a regular basis, and you must stick with it for at least the rest of the month.

Here is my regimen so far, it's pretty shitty, but it's what I've been doing:

Mon/Wed: DDR (350 cal or 30 minutes), Fencing (45 minutes), Strength Training (30 minutes)
Tues/Thurs: DDR (350 cal or 30 minutes), Running (Couch To 5K program)

On weekends I work in a kitchen all day. I plan on adding some more stuff to that, but that is what I am doing right now. You don't have to try to match that, although it would be a huge step if you did (come at me, bro). Not that I'm bragging, I'm sure there are people who do a LOT more than me who are reading this.

Adding just one exercise to your daily routine can make a huge difference. You probably won't enjoy it during the act, but you will feel better afterward, and the long-term effects of doing it regularly far outweigh the short-term benefit of taking it easy instead.

Here are some resources to help you. 

The Couch To 5K Running Program: 

The routine I plan on following (Note: I don't know how great this routine is, you can probably ask someone on /fit/, as they know much more than I do):


Motivation:
 http://tinyurl.com/26zm3cm (Probably more or less NSFW, it's an archived thread from a certain popular image board.)

Until next time, True Believers! As always, feel free to comment on either your own exercising, your plans to exercise, motivation for fellow True Believers, or anything else related to Newvember. Feedback is appreciated as well.

9 comments:

  1. Starting is easy. Keeping up with it is more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you said it's a regimen I have to keep up with, I won't just go outside and run. I really don't have the time for that daily, because I don't like to run past sunset and that's getting earlier every day.

    Instead, I will start doing push ups and chin ups, and some sort of ab(?) exercise.
    For push ups I will start at two sets of ten a day, at different times of day if possible. I'll add an extra set of 5-10 a week, depending on how well it's going.
    I'm honestly not sure if I am capable of doing more than one chin up right now, so I won't set a limit on those. I'll just try to get it to the point where I can do a few in a row, and do at least two sets of one (yes, I know, pathetic) every day. I'll also see if I can get to the point where I'm capable of doing a pull up :3. Geez those are hard!
    Haven't decided on which ab exercise to do yet. I used to do situps, but aparently they're pretty bad for your back. I'll do a few today and tomorrow and try to either pick one or two and stick with them, or try out different ones every day until I can decide.

    This is in addition to riding my bike for 20-30 minutes two times a day, Monday through Thursday, and the same fencing schedule as Mezzo. So I'm okay on cardio :D


    Off to do my first sets! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. (can't figure out how to edit a comment)
    Modification: I will instead be doing 4 sets of 5 push ups, at least for now. I can no longer do a set of ten ;~;

    I know you probably aren't interested, but having it written down somewhere permanent helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think our society has a whole could benefit a lot from exercising regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken-Sama normally practices with his sword in a deep and thoughtful state it seems you may have cornered I Ken-Sama. I shall try this weight lifting as you say, I have so much to talk about and share with my tomodachi as Ken-Sama will be very busy in the upcoming days to share with you all my wisdom and Steel and Fire.

    Ken-Sama~

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://hundredpushups.com/

    This and the related training regimens found on the page are pretty awesome. I've been meaning to start them for some time, maybe today's the day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. [X] Genuflect

    Oh no, wait, oops. Thanks for reminding me I don't exercise enough.
    [X] Ignore body's cry for activity.

    ReplyDelete