BROS

Friday, October 22, 2010

THE ADVENTURES OF JIMMY NIKOLA: GENUFLECTION THE 14TH

[X] Follow Rick up the stairs.

If he says that going out the exit isn't a great idea, you'd probably better not go. You're not sure why he would say that, but you can certainly think up a couple of different reasons, and none of them are very pleasant. The best bet is to try and find some way off the building from the roof. 

You set out for the stairs, and Rick starts talking.
"So, m'name's Rick. I worked here at InnerTech for probably, I'd say, 23 years. It's a pretty shitty job, lemme tell you. They had me on as a consultant. That place was so terrible. Even the coffee was trash. Blah blah blah blah."

You zone out as you start to climb the extremely long flight of stairs.


MEANWHILE...

"Hey, open up! You guys didn't give up on me already, did you?" "Oh! Oh, he's back!"  Nancy shouts. You rise and heads to the door, releasing the intricate and subtle locking mechanism (A broom through the handle and a heavy table pressed against it). 

"C'mon, let me in already." Frank shouts.

You open the door, and three young ladies rush in, carrying a baseball bat, a plumber's wrench, and a large lawn dart.

"W..."

Frank saunters in after them, wearing a blood-splattered tuxedo and reflective shades.

"Doing some shopping, huh? And here I thought you were having trouble." you comment blithely.

"Trouble? No way. I've covered wars, you know." 

"So you've said..." Drew drones. As a Vietnam vet, he doesn't care for Frank's blase attitude towards war. As a crotchety old man, he doesn't care for Frank's everything else.

"In any case, the clothes were just stuff I picked up along the way. I found survivors, and I also found what I was looking for." 

He holds up a copy of a videya gaem: "Fatal Frame."

"A videya gaem? Why would you grab one of those?" Nancy questionates.

"I think I might know why," you proffer, as Frank begins Enhancing his camera.

"That game is Fatal Frame. It's a horror game where you fight ghosts. The reason he grabbed it is because you fight them..."

He holds up his newly created Camera Obscura and focuses in on a mob of zombies outside.

He snaps off a photo, tagging 12 HORROR PP markers, 2 HUMOR PP markers, for a total of about 1,000 PP. 

"With a camera."

"Nice." Frank says, as the zombies all fall to the ground, dead.

"This baby should work nicely..."


MEANWHILE...

One life story, and many stairs later, you reach the roof.

"And that's when I KNEW that I had dandruff." Rick explains.

You had worried, you supposed, that in a social situation you wouldn't know what to do. You had thought you might panic, and freeze up. In a way, Rick's tirade was not nearly as bad as you thought social interaction would be. In many other ways, it was even worse than you had ever dreamt.

"So, that's when I started taking the third medication. My fourth medication was for my explosive diarrhea that the second and third made when taken together. Hoo man! You do NOT want to hear about that. Anyways, that had me on the can for..."

Oh lord, no.

You speedwalk away from him as quickly as possible. You come to the edge of the building and briefly debate jumping to escape, before you look down.

MOTHER OF MOE. 

You had thought it was just a game. You could kind of play your way through the zombie apocalypse. Perhaps it was just delusion. Perhaps it was wishful thinking. Either way, if this was a game, the learning curve was one hell of a killer. As you stare down, you can see all the way to the mall from here. The parking lot swarms with zombies. There are easily 500, and more are trudging their way towards the mall.

Why the hell do zombies love malls? You don't get it. 

Rick wipes his sweaty brow and whistles.

"That's a lot of zombies."

"So, anyways, the bridge is on the other side of the building here. My coworkers were headed for the hospital. There's an evac station there. I think I'm gonna head that way too. Are you coming with?"

[]Go with Rick
[]Go to the mall
[]Talk to everyone on F.O.R.T.U.N.E. before deciding.
[]Genuflect


 

10 comments:

  1. [x] Talk to F.O.R.T.U.N.E.

    Get some info/advice before making your decision. We only know how the mall scene is going right now.

    Also, I love the F.O.R.T.U.N.E. posts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. [x] Talk to everyone on F.O.R.T.U.N.E. before deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [x] Talk to everyone on F.O.R.T.U.N.E. before deciding.

    The more survivors you find the better. Maybe a few people on F.O.R.T.U.N.E are in the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  4. [x]Talk to F.O.R.T.U.N.E.

    Wasn't there someone who needed a rescue? We should try to collect everyone for endgame bonus points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [X]Go with Rick

    I swear I am making up several accounts to get my way with the votes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rorschach

    I've enabled anonymous posting, so you don't really have to make new accounts :U

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rorschach:

    Two can play at that game, then! If there are a whole mess of Rick votes all of the sudden, I can return fire >:D

    Seems silly either way though.

    ReplyDelete