BROS

Monday, October 4, 2010

THE ADVENTURES OF JIMMY NIKOLA: 4TH GENUFLECTION

[X] Block the door

"Oh shit, oh shit!" you muse, regarding the footfalls of the zombies pounding up the stairs with a moment of tender and abject horror. You quickly run and grab the nearest piece of furniture, your living room display case of figurines. You stop and shake your head.

"Not even for zombies."

Instead, you rush to your coffee table, hesitate for a moment, then upend it, scattering a few animu figurines onto the ground. You drag the table to the door and push it up against the frame, before rushing to move your couch against it.

You just barely have enough time to place a potted plant on the couch for weight before a zombie slams up against the table.It grunts in frustration, hitting the table a few times. The sounds of more zombies come closer, as its friends arrive as well. They seem to confer for a moment before one of them reaches in the space above the table, searching for prey. When nothing is found, the zombies begin pounding and scratching at the table.

You watch intently. Your heart pounds in time with the falling blows of their hands, but it seems as if the table will hold.

For now.



"I've got to get out of here..." You quickly rush to your room and grab a couple of items. You have some food and drink, hopefully you can find more on the road. Let's see, grab the essentials only. You glance at your wall of figurines. Well... maybe there is space for just ONE. You grab one at random.

YOU OBTAIN:
USB Drive (8 GB) x 1
Smart Phone x 1
Cirno Figurine x1
Solar Phone Charger x 1


You stow them in your backpack, then start to search through the trash of your room. You've got to have something else useful in here. Like, a gun, or a medkit, or...

CRASH!

You freeze as you hear the potted plant smash against the ground. OF COURSE! Fight the zombies with plants! You beam at your idea, then common sense takes over and you frown at such a concept.

"That doesn't work in real life."

You don't have time to go searching around. This will have to do. As you cast one last look around your bedroom, your eyes fall on your computer. Yeah... An idea forms in your head, and you log onto F.O.R.T.U.N.E.

"I'm heading out now. I don't know where I will go, or what I will do. This might be the last thing I ever tell anyone. It's kinda sad, I haven't left the house since I graduated last summer, and this will be my first time outside in a long, long time. Circumstances are funny, I guess. Maybe I'll survive. I sure hope I do, anyways. Good luck, everyone.

-Tesla"

You submit the post, and watch what may be your last contact with humanity fly out into cyberspace.

You pat your computer congenially.

"Goodbye, old friend."

You head into the other room, freezing in place as the zombie standing there stares back at you.

"H-hey, what's up?"

The zombie lunges towards you, lips curled back in a rage, teeth bared and bloody.

WHAT DO?

[]Run to the kitchen, hurry!
[]Run back into room, slam door shut
[]Die
[]FIGHT!
[]Genuflect

11 comments:

  1. It's good to see that you're beating inertia today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die Jimmy die! You'll respawn with more health points next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit late to this so I went and caught myself up. I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly there's only one thing to do in a situation like this: GENUFLECT. (And hope that zombies appreciate gestures of deference.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. >press [esc]
    >go to settings
    >change difficulty to: casual

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah almost forgot

    after changing difficulty mode to casual, FIGHT.

    ReplyDelete