BROS

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

RIP AND TEAR

So, I've been trying to work out recently. It's part of my whole goal to lose weight and become (more) incredible. I've been doing DDR in the mornings for a bit of cardio, then fencing on Mondays and Wednesdays, and now I've started this Couch to 5K Running program. I've only done it once so far, going to do it again tomorrow. It's actually a bit harder than it sounds, OTL.

I've also been trying to lift weights, but that's a bit of a conundrum because most lifting programs recommend increasing the weight on your barbell by 2.5% every week. This would not be a problem if not for the fact that I A) Do not have a barbell, and only have dumbells, and B) Only have two (2) dumbbells of 15 pounds each. I recall one of my mother's old workout tapes from the 80s recommended using cans if you didn't have dumbbells, for their jazzercise strength-training segments.

I may have stumbled upon a solution.






Brilliant, I know. This isn't Chunky soup, but I bet Donovan McNabb's mom would approve of using hearty soups to build a strong body.

Actually, those soups aren't even that hearty. Those are the "80 calorie a serving" soups I bought on a whim months ago and have never eaten because I am almost certain they will taste horrid. This is a much better use for them. Yuki agrees.

Time to become HUGE.

If any theoretical person was wondering, this is the program I have decided on for now:

http://www.weight-lifting-guide.com/dumbbell-routine.html

I can do that for a few weeks, at least until I find a place that sells larger cans of soup.

5 comments:

  1. I laughed harder than I should have when I saw the soup cans. I might copy that idea actually. I'm stuck with a 20lb dumbbell that I used during high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried some Progresso soup a few years ago. I forgot which kind it was but it was pretty terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure to use duck tape. You don't want anything fowl to happen, and if you use weak scotch tape or like, string or some shit, it won't be anywhere near enough to handle your manly thrusting, and/or clean and jerking.

    Lifting the weights could be dangerous also.

    (That is masking tape, but I bought it from a duck, so it's totally legit.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lost around 60 pounds since I've started working out. I just got on a exercise bike for 30 min a day. I moved on to an elliptical after a week, and did that 30 min a day. I was pretty strict on my diet at first, but since I lost access to a gym, I've just been following workout videos, and using 5 pound dumbbells - not so much watching my diet. Trying to lose at least 20 more pounds.

    ReplyDelete